People like to think that there’s a typical entrepreneur personality. Yes, entrepreneurs are all passionate, good at selling, and diligent about follow-through. Beyond this, there’s no such thing as a typical entrepreneur. Entrepreneurs come in all shapes and sizes. Every now and then you’ll see a personality profile quiz that purports to help you understand whether you’ve got what it takes to become an entrepreneur. These profiles are pure, unadulterated BS. The personalities of successful entrepreneurs are all over the map, from neurotic and obsessive compulsive, to kind and easygoing. Your personality does not determine whether you should start a business. However, it does play a role in what kind of business you should start, and what kind of culture you will create. Don’t let a personality profile tell you that you don’t have what it takes. As long as you have the prerequisites of passion, salesmanship, and follow-through, then you have what it takes to build a business. There’s a place for everyone, so find your niche and pursue your dreams with everything you’ve got.
- Online Course Comprehensive course on starting a company for military veterans.
- Agile Startup Book 200 quick and dirty startup lessons from the trenches
- Founder Community Join a community of other veterans also starting businesses.
- Vet Resources Learn about business resources to help veterans specifically.
- Recommendations VS provides recommendations of businesses great for veterans specifically.